The Railway Technologies & Services Sector covers technologies, components, parts, products, equipment, devices and services related to manufacturing and maintaining rolling stock and locomotives, installing and maintaining railway infrastructure, and railway command, control and communications systems.
European companies from the following sub-sectors can apply for a Business Mission with EU Gateway | Business Avenues.
- Rolling Stock and Locomotives including Components and Technologies: All locomotives, freight and passenger carriages/car as well as components thereof, including train cars, high speed train cars, train car doors, train engines (hybrid, electrical, green), brake systems, suspension, in-train consoles, locomotive and carriage safety technologies (fire, earthquake, flood and other).
- Railway Infrastructure: All rail road infrastructure elements based on three broad divisions, 1) track and track related infrastructure and components (rail-tracks, sleepers, welding, cantilevers, catenary, overhead contact systems), 2) electrical system components and provision (overhead line technologies, third rail technologies, electrification, electric component, batteries, converters, semi-conductors) and 3) engineering and building infrastructure (train stations design, train station entry systems- turnstiles, platforms, zones of access).
- Railway Service Provision and Maintenance: All elements of management and logistics and consultative services and systems, including ticketing, passenger information technologies, and passenger services. Maintenance includes ensuring the good working order of infrastructure and rolling stock through engineering services, measurement services, repair and maintenance services, training and education, railroad and train car maintenance, management and operations.
- Railway Command, Control and Communications: The provision of Command, Control and Communication (CCC) is essentially that of signalling systems used to control railway traffic safely, efficiently, and environmentally. CCC covers all components and operations to do with railway traffic management, control, and communication.
- Railway Security, Safety and Crisis Prevention and Management: This sub-sector covers all systemic, training, and components that deal with emergency protocols and responses which includes, carriage safety technologies (fire, flood, earthquake and other), earthquake resistant components and parts for railway infrastructures, emergency systems, safety technologies, and security systems.